This week, I focused on the basics with piano because I am fairly new to the instrument. Oh yeah, and did I mention I’m new to vlogging too? That in itself was a learning curve! In my vlog, I share a bit of my process during the first week of my Piano Project. Don’t forget to keep reading after the video because I give some more insight on what I did this week, what challenged me, and what my goals are for next week. Enjoy!
The Small Victories:
- I learned how to read the notes on the treble clef
- I successfully played the melody of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- I learned how to play the chords and melody together for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- I successfully edited my first vlog! (with the help from my friend)
- I learned how to use the Picture over Picture feature on iMovie
- Playing a repetitive song over and over on piano can get frustrating (and annoying) at times
- Finding time to practice piano on top of homework and teaching can feel overwhelming
- It’s hard to film yourself for a vlog and not feel ridiculous sometimes!
- It’s also hard to be authentic and real on camera. Sometimes I would film a clip over and over because I felt like I didn’t look good enough, or I didn’t sound intelligent enough, or I just wasn’t satisfied. In the end though, I went with all of the original clips (what you see is what you get)
This week, I used these tools to help me learn:
Goals for Next Week
- Learn finger placement on the piano
- Learn the D scale
- Learn the D, E, F, G, A, B chords
- Learn another basic song
Stay tuned for more progress, and hopefully, less struggle!